As we all know that QuickBooks holds all the crucial information of a business that when reached in wrong hands can cause a huge trouble to the business owners. Understanding the security concerns, QuickBooks is developed with the most advanced security features and a user can secure the information stored in the company file using a multi-level security password. One issue that can appear with such secured feature is, when the password is lost or forgotten it becomes nearly impossible to access the accounting data. To overcome this hassle Intuit has developed a tool that can be used to reset the password and is named as QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool. The following article will guide you to reset QuickBooks password using the QuickBooks Automated Password Recovery Tool
If you require the need of an expert, then give us a call at our QuickBooks Password Recovery Helpline Number 1.800.579.0391
Some Important Considerations before Resetting QuickBooks Password
- Make sure the new password that you are going to set must at least be 8 characters long.
- While creating the password you must include numbers and special characters in it.
- Spaces are not allowed in the password.
- Make sure not to include your personal information like your date of birth, social security number etc. in your password.
- Passwords for QuickBooks are case sensitive so make sure to include both lower case and upper case letters.
A good password is always hard to guess for others and easy to remember for your so you must invest some time while setting up the password.
Steps to Change QuickBooks Desktop Password
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select Run as Administrator.
- Now when QuickBooks prompts you to enter the password, click I Forgot my Password.
- Now you will get a windows where you need to answer the security questions that you have previously set up while creating the old password.
- Answer the security questions and click OK.
- Now QuickBooks will ask you to create a new password.
- Enter the new password and set the security questions.
- Click OK to save the changes and restart QuickBooks.
- Now enter the new password and you will easily be able to access your QuickBooks now.
There are a few instances reported by QuickBooks users, that while resetting the QuickBooks password, QuickBooks starts displaying errors. If you are also one of the user who is unable to reset QuickBooks password because of some reasons, then you can take direct assistance of certified QuickBooks experts by dialing QuickBooks password reset helpline number 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : Easy and Secure methods to Access QuickBooks Remotely
This Article Originally posted on December 23, 2021 @ 6:14 pm